- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: Iceland
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: Two Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Hiking, Water Sports, Environmental Science
- Selective: No
- Ages: 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $1,500 - $2,999
- Credit Awarded: No
Lets fight global warming. 12 days Adventure camp for 14 to 17 years old teenagers. Traveling around Iceland's Ring Road while visiting the most beautiful places on the island and one of its best kept secrets: Vestmannaeyjar Islands. With exciting activities: Kayaking, horseback riding, whale watching, geothermal lagoon, discovering glaciers, black sand beaches, lava fields and pure nature.
This camp will have a special focus on Global warming and how we can fight this danger in our daily life. During the camp our teenagers will also have some photography sessions to learn how to get the most out of the cameras while being creative in the process. The teenagers will get a hands-on instruction and experience with the tools necessary to research, compose, capture, and refine digital photographic projects. We will mostly focus in nature when it comes to topic and we encourage our participants to be creative. Iceland is a magic country for photographers, so we are sure that our group will have a lot of great photos and memories when they return home after the camp.