- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Program Delivery: Residential
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks, Other
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Traditional Camp
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
Located on the shores of Amy Belle Lake near downtown Milwaukee, YMCA Camp Minikani is a safe, positive environment where friendships grow and kids discover themselves. Camp offerings ranging from overnight camp and equestrian programs to engaging environmental education.
Camp features of Overnight camp include: archery, canoeing, a climbing wall, horseback riding, nature, fishing, a swimming pool, sports, arts and crafts, campfire, gaga ball, off-camp trips, sailing and boating, high ropes course, frisbee golf course, and BB guns and 0.22 rifles.
At our Overnight Equestrian Camp, At our week-long camps your child will be fully immersed in horses from dawn until dusk before joining the other campers for fun group activities in the evening. Your child will take care of their own horse for the week; ride twice a day; learn many aspects of horse care and stable management.