- Listing Type: Summer Programs
- Destination: United States
- Program Delivery: Day, Residential
- Provided By: Independent Provider
- Session Start: June, July, August
- Session Length: One Week, Two Weeks
- Entering Grade: Below 6th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th
- Gender: Coed
- Category: Outdoor Adventure
- Sub-Categories: Multi-Arts, Multi-Sports
- Selective: No
- Ages: 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
- Minimum Cost: $500 - $1,499
- Accreditation: American Camp Association
- Credit Awarded: No
Summer is "growing season" at the New York YMCA camps. Kids and teens develop core values, learn new skills, make new friends, and have loads of fun in the process. It's where kids grow as much on the inside as theyre growing on the outside. Find out more!
YMCA of Greater New York Camps
For children living in the Hudson Valley Region in Kindergarten through 8th grade
Using a fun, hands-on approach, New York YMCA Day Camp provides campers with the opportunity to discover all the wonders of the natural world around them on our 1,150 acres. As they participate in safe, organized, age appropriate activities, campers gain a basic knowledge of ecology and science while developing an appreciation for the environment. Campers also participate in outdoor skills, sports and art & crafts. These structured activities encompass the morning and early afternoon while swimming in our lake is a refreshing end to the day.
All camp activities are progressive and designed to allow each child to see the growth of skills they learn in a fun and safe environment. Younger campers are led through adventurous and fun activities, while older campers have a choice in their activities throughout the day. Each week of day camp will have a special theme.
Teen camps are offered by three locations: Flushing YMCA (age 12-15), Jamaica YMCA (age 12-15) and Chinatown YMCA (age 12-14)