Ace of Hearts is a 501c-3 dog rescue foundation dedicated to rescuing dogs, the day they are to be euthanized, from various Los Angeles shelters and placing them in loving homes. The Ace of Hearts Foundation is in memory of "Ace", a wonderful American Bulldog who was rescued from death and touched the lives of many! (Especially founder Kari Whitman!) We rescue all breeds!
VOLUNTEER ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helping with setup and/or teardown
- Refilling water bowls
- Making sure dogs have treats and are comfortable
- Walking dogs
- Hanging out with dogs (this is 70% of the job)
ADDITIONAL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- 2 volunteers to bring 1 case of bottled water each.
- 2 volunteers to bring 1 bag of ice each.
- 1 volunteer to take the soiled linens home to wash and bring to our next event.
- As many volunteers as possible to make homemade food. We'll reimburse the ingredient costs.
- A huge number of volunteers to help with setup, raising donations, and caring for and walking the pups - this is going to be a big one!
- All volunteers under 18 require a guardian.
- All volunteers are required to fill out an Ace of Hearts Volunteer Waiver Form.
- We do Require a Volunteer Waiver from everyone, that will be sent via docusign.net. Please reply to an email you will get confirming you can volunteer.
- If you can't help the entire shift from 1-6 pm, we have shorter shifts from 1-4 or 3-6. Or, if you're available to help with transport only, we'll take it!