Host a Gift Card Drive to help support our Families. Call on those in your social circles and beyond to donate gift cards to those in underserved communities.
During the pandemic, our families have relied on us more than ever to help them with basic necessities. Although we try to provide a wide range of goods for our families, every family's needs are different and we can't always help them get everything they need. This is where you can help by collecting and donating Gift Cards for our families to earn.
If you were not aware, our program is built around the concept of "Learn & Earn". All of our families must first "learn" by participating in our weekly activities, lessons, and/or presentations. They then "earn" tickets that can be spent on items from our "Treasure Chest Store" or on gift cards. Occasionally, we will give them as prizes for outstanding participants.
Don't be intimidated by the idea of hosting a collection drive, it can be very simple. You just have to ask your classmates, religious group, colleagues, friends and/or family to help you collect gift cards.
Gift Card Ideas:
- Visa or Mastercard (by FAR the best as they can be used almost anywhere)
- Safeway or other major grocery stores
- JcPenney, Macy's or other major department stores
While our families appreciate all the support they can get, remember that it is best that the gift cards are as practical and versatile as possible.
- Send Sunday Friends your expected start and end date.
- Designate someone as the main collector.
- Coordinate with us on a delivery date.
- Complete and submit a Donation Sheet at the end of the Drive.
Please contact us if you'd like more information on this volunteer opportunity.